Publicly notified resource consents
- Nelson Regional Sewerage Business (RM165114 RM165115 RM165116)
- Nelson Water Supply Scheme on the Maitai River (165122, RM165192, RM165193)
- Gaire Thompson, Boulder Bank Drive (RM165175 & RM165339)
- Raines Estate Oaklands Limited (RM145254)
|APPLICATION NUMBERS:||RM165114, RM165115, and RM165116|
|APPLICANT:||Nelson Regional Sewerage Business|
|LOCATION:||Coastal Pipeline Route and pump stations at Wakatu Industrial Estate, Saxton Street, Songer Street and Nelson Airport|
Resource consent is sought for discharge permits to discharge to land, Coastal Marine Area (Waimea Estuary) and Air from accidental wastewater overflow from four pump stations located on the edge of Waimea Inlet, and from the pipework or pipeline fittings that make up the infrastructure of the Nelson Regional Sewerage Business Unit network. The discharges arise as a result of emergency overflows from the pump stations and/or accidental discharges from pipeline failures or leakage. More specifically, the applicant seeks consent for the following types of discharges:
- Overflow discharges which occur as a result of excess flow (for example due to a heavy rain event)
- Overflow discharges due to failure to pump (for example due to equipment failure)
- Accidental discharges, which occur principally due to the accidental rupturing or leakage from pipework or pipeline fittings
- Associated discharges of odour
The discharges are of largely untreated (screened) municipal sewage. Overflow discharges occur intermittently at the Nelson Airport, Saxton Street, Songer Street and Whakatu pump stations. Discharges occur either directly to the coastal marine area (Nelson Airport and Songer Street pump stations) or to land and then the coastal marine area (Whakatu and Saxton Street pump stations).
- 165114 Application (16MB PDF)
- Section 88 Rejection Letter of original application (708KB PDF)
- RM165114 Further Information Request (833KB PDF)
- RM165114 Additional Further Information Request Including Engineering Review (668KB PDF)
- 165114 Ecologist Memo Initial assessment Kate McArthur (299KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - NRSBU RFI response (716KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - K. Figures 5 and 6 (151KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - L. HPO 014 - Recreational Water Exceedances Sewage Spill Notifications (364KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - M. Microbiological Water Quality Guidelines for Marine and Freshwater 2003 (1.2MB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - N.1. Enterocci sampling results (257KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - N.2. Rainfall and Enterococci graphs (345KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - O. Proposed Sampling Locations (587KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - P Cawthron Letter (636KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - Q. NRSBU Report 346 Agreement for Disposal of Trade Waste 24jun2016 (366KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - R. NRSBU Business Plan 2015-16 (242KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - S. NRSBU Draft Business Plan 2016-17 (491KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - T. NRSBU Wastewater Asset Management Plan (3.6MB PDF)
Submissions have now closed. Hearing Date 12-15 December 2017.
Hearing Adjourned 13 December 2017.
- Minute/Direction of the Commissioner 1 (107KB PDF)
- Minute/Direction of the Commissioner 2 (196KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info - App AA. Modelled Contour Plots Cawthron recvd 1Nov17 (939KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info - App BB. Modelled Contour Plots - NIWA recvd 1Nov17 (2.5MB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info - App CC. Modelled Time Series Plots recvd 1Nov17 (11MB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info - App U.1. QMRA FINAL recvd 1Nov17 (6.5MB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info - App U.2. NIWA Context report v6 recvd 1Nov17 (842KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info - App V. CawRpt_3091 aberrational wastewater overflows_FINAL recvd 1Nov17 (1.6MB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info - App W. MetOcean overflow upgrade modelling recvd 1Nov17 (2.2MB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info - App X. CONTRIBUTORS CONTINGENCY superceded Plan Spillage Emergency overflows 27apr2017 recvd 1Nov17 (847KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info - App Y. Fluent Solutions - Discharge PErmit Consent Application Review - FINAL recvd 1Nov17 (4.8MB PDF)
- 165114 RFI response - October 2017 recvd 1Nov17 (441KB PDF)
- 165114 Kate McArthur technical review recvd 14Nov17 (1.3MB PDF)
- 165114 MWH Engineering Review recvd 14Nov17 (73KB PDF)
- 165114 NRSBU shorebird statement Paul Fisher recvd 14Nov17 (523KB PDF)
- 165114 Review of information on effects of NRSBU discharges_Ngaire Phillips recvd 14Nov17 (585KB PDF)
- 165114 S42A – Officers Report (6MB PDF)
- 165114 - Applicants Evidence - D Railton statement recvd 27Nov17 (441KB PDF)
- 165114 - Applicants Evidence - J Cuthbertson statement recvd 27Nov17 (384KB PDF)
- 165114 - Applicants Evidence - J Thiart statement recvd 27Nov17 (391KB PDF)
- 165114 - Applicants Evidence - M Molloy statement recvd 27Nov17 (405KB PDF)
- 165114 - Applicants Evidence - N Hudson statement recvd 27Nov17 (641KB PDF)
- 165114 - Applicants Evidence - O Johnston statement recvd 27Nov17 (445KB PDF)
- 165114 - Applicants Evidence - P Ruffell statement recvd 27Nov17 (1.1MB PDF)
- 165114 Applicants Evidence - J Butler statement recvd 27Nov17 (691KB PDF)
- 165114 Applicants Evidence - Data Bundle - Nelson Regional Sewerage_v4 recvd 27Nov17 (1MB PDF)
- 165114 Applicants Evidence - Graphics Bundle - Nelson Regional Sewerage_v4 recvd 27Nov17 (7.9MB PDF)
|APPLICATION NUMBERS:||165122(Land Use), RM165192(Water Take) and RM165193(Discharge)|
|APPLICANT:||Nelson City Council|
|LOCATION:||Maitai Valley Road, Nelson|
|PROPOSAL:||Resource consent is sought to continue to operate the Nelson Water Supply Scheme on the Maitai River which requires a range of resource consents.|
- Application Final - Maitai Water Supply - lodged 17 June 2016 (2.9MB PDF)
- Appendix A - Context Maps (1.9MB PDF)
- Appendix B - Titles and Title Map (1.4MB PDF)
- Appendix C1 - Maitai Dam As-built (3.2MB PDF)
- Appendix C2 - Maitai South Branch Weir and Backfeed - As-Built Drawings (1.4MB PDF)
- Appendix D - Maitai Pipeline Service Points (389KB PDF)
- Appendix E - 2014 Valuation of Major Assets - Opus (327KB PDF)
- Appendix F - Abstraction and Flow Charts (1MB PDF)
- Appendix G - Water Use and Loss Report - Cameron Gibson Wells (422KB PDF)
- Appendix H - Life Expectancy and Durability Assessment - Cameron Gibson Wells (1.7MB PDF)
- Appendix I - Maitai River Municipal Supply Aquatic Ecology - Summary - Updated Report - Cawthron 2810 (8.1MB PDF)
- Appendix J - Managing potential water temperature effects of discharges from the Maitai Reservoir - Cawthron 2732 (1.8MB PDF)
- Appendix K - Feasibility Assessment for Destratification Mixing and Hypolimnetic Aeration - Cawthron 2720 (1.3MB PDF)
- Appendix L - Maitai River fish passage assessment and recommendations - Cawthron 2601 (1.9MB PDF)
- Appendix M - Maitai South Branch Weir Fish Passage Remediation Efficacy Monitoring - Cawthron 2730 (937KB PDF)
- Appendix N - Influence of changes of Maitai Dam operations on water quality - Cawthron letter 1620 (579KB PDF)
- Appendix O - Cultural Impact Assessment - Chetham Consulting (5.3MB PDF)
- Appendix P Roding and Maitai Rivers user survey 3 June 2015 Rob Greenaway and Associates (2.2MB PDF)
- Appendix Q1 - Maitai Dam 2013 Comprehensive Safety Review - DamwatchEngineering (6.5MB PDF)
- Appendix Q2 - Maitai Dam IDSR Report - May 2015 - Tonkin and Taylor (2.2MB PDF)
- Appendix Q3 - Maitai Dam Engineering Inspection 2014 Tonkin Taylor A1263588 (13MB PDF)
- Appendix R - Current Consents & Conditions (4.1MB PDF)
Submissions have now closed.
|APPLICATION NUMBERS:||RM165175 & RM165339|
|LOCATION:||1 Boulder Bank Drive, Nelson|
|PROPOSAL:||Resource consent is sought for Land use consent (RM165175) and a coastal permit (RM165339) relating to the deposition of recycled building material (which may contain contaminants) along the foreshore at 1 Boulder Bank Drive which includes the reclamation of the foreshore by creating revetments (seawalls) with the aim of preventing coastal erosion (part retrospective).|
Submissions have closed. Hearing Date 27 October 2017.
Hearing Closed 1 December 2017.
Raines Estate Oaklands Limited
|LOCATION:||1 Hill Street, Nelson|
Consent is sought to re-authorise the existing dam structure in the upper catchment of 1 Hill Street to allow the continued storage of water captured on a tributary of Saxton Stream
Submissions have closed. Hearing postponed until further notice.
Making a submission on a publicly notified resource consent
Submission forms and copies of the application material may be obtained at the Nelson City Council Customer Service Centre, Ground floor, Civic House, 110 Trafalgar Street.
Submissions can be made by any person, in writing, on form ‘SUB96’ or in a similar form and should be addressed to the Chief Executive, Nelson City Council, PO Box 645, Nelson, Attention Consents Administrator.
Who can make a submission?
Any person may make a submission to the Council on a resource consent application that has been publicly notified.
What's involved in making a submission?
Any submission shall:
- Be in writing.
- Be served on the Nelson City Council, PO Box 645, Nelson, no later than the closing date specified in the public notice (20 working days after the date of notification).
- Also be served on the applicant as soon as possible after serving the submission on the Council.
What should be included in a submission?
State the reasons for making the submission and the decision that the person wishes the Council to make (ie, grant or refuse consent) and the general nature of any conditions sought. Whether or not the person making the submission wishes to be heard in respect of the submission.
Speaking about your submission at the hearing
All persons lodging a written submission have the right to attend and speak at the hearing of the application. You may be represented by a chosen person (i.e. a lawyer or planner or friend), and/or make a joint submission with other persons. You are entitled to make your submission in the Maori language, however, the Council needs early advice of this to allow time to organise an interpreter. If you feel you may be affected by a proposal, you should make a submission. If you do not, you will have no opportunity to do so at a later stage, and no right to appeal any decision.
Any persons making a submission and indicating a desire to be heard at a hearing will be notified of the hearing date and, at a later date, the decision. They will also receive a copy of the planning report prepared on behalf of the Council approximately one week before the hearing.
If you intend to be heard and wish to present additional information to support your submission, you should provide twelve (12) copies at the hearing.
Should you later decide to withdraw your submission for any reason, the Council would appreciate you advising the consents administrator in writing as soon as possible. Once you have withdrawn your submission, its contents cannot be considered at the hearing. If you decide, after withdrawing, that you still want a say, then you must make a new submission.