The draft Annual Plan spells out what Council is planning to do differently to what we said we would in the Long Term Plan (LTP) 2012- 2022 in 2012. To this end, the Annual Plan 2014/15 is what’s known as an exceptions document. It only contains changes to Year Three (2014/15) of the LTP.
Below you can find a summary of the draft Annual Plan in PDF format or follow the links for more info. You can see at a glance what’s different from the Long Term Plan. All of the changes and the subsequent complete financial tables are contained in the full draft Annual Plan 2014/15 document, also known as the Statement of Proposal. It is available from Civic House, all Nelson Public Libraries or you can download it below.
The full draft Annual Plan 2014/15 also refers back to areas and the appropriate page numbers of the LTP 2012-22, which is also available from the same outlets. The draft Annual Plan 2014/15 also follows the same order and sequence as the LTP, to make it easier to refer between the two documents.
Find out more
- Read about the key issues and new projects
- Find updates on Council projects for Year 3 (2014/15)
- Read the Mayor's message
- Find out which projects have been deferred or removed
- Find out what your rates will be and read financial information
Draft Annual Plan timeline
- 28 March - Consultation opens
- 28 April, 4.30pm - Consultation closes
- 12,14,15,16 May - Proposed hearings
- 27,28,29 May - Council considers submissions
- 19 June - Council adopts Annual Plan
- 1 July - Annual Plan comes into effect
Making a submission
Submissions closed on 28 April 2014.
If you have indicated you wish to speak to your submission and we will make contact with you after 28 April to arrange a time.
Council has scheduled meetings on 13, 14, 15 and 16 May 2014 in the Council Chamber, Floor 2A, Civic House for those submitters wishing to speak to their submission and further meetings will be held on 27, 28 and 29 May 2014 to consider submissions and make decisions.