Trustpower Nelson Tasman Community Awards
Volunteers are at the heart of our community - dedicating hours of time and energy every year to making their community a better place to live.
Run in partnership with the Nelson City and Tasman District Councils and set up as an opportunity to recognise and thank local voluntary groups and their contributions to the community, anyone can enter a voluntary group or organisation in the Trustpower Nelson Tasman Community Awards, including voluntary groups themselves.
Since the Trustpower Nelson Tasman Community Awards began in 2000, with the Tasman district joining the Awards scheme in 2006, more than $100,000 has been given away to deserving voluntary groups and organisations, and this year more than $5000 is up for grabs.
The Trustpower Community Awards cover five categories:
- Heritage and Environment - Improve and revitalise the local environment, culture or heritage.
- Health and Wellbeing - Provide services that enhance the social wellbeing of people.
- Arts and Culture - Enhance and increase participation in arts and creative leisure activities or improve the community culture.
- Sport and Leisure - Increase participation and enjoyment in physical sport, leisure activities and recreational pursuits.
- Educational and Child/Youth Development - Improve and enhance the education of the community, or the educational or social development of children and youth.
Entry Forms are available from Council offices or service centres or can be completed online at www.trustpower.co.nz/communityawards. Entry Forms can also be received by calling Emily Beaton on 0800 87 11 11.
For more informaton please contact the Social Wellbeing Adviser on +64 3 545 8746.
Nominations open 29 February 2016
Nominations close 29 April 2016