Best Little Wood Shed competition
Win free firewood, chimney cleans and wood burner safety checks.
Looking for a summer project? How about building a new wood shed or sprucing up your existing one?
Summer is the best time to buy firewood and get it dry ready for burning in winter.
How you store the wood makes a big difference to how quickly it dries and how well it will burn.
We are looking for great examples of wood storage ideas people have come up with to keep their wood dry for winter.
This competition has now closed. Results will be announced in Our Nelson Issue 17, 14 March 2017.
Vouchers for a cord of fire wood, chimney cleans and wood burner safety checks.
The Judges’ Choice
The best three woodsheds will each receive a voucher for one cord of firewood from a Good Wood Supplier
Photo entries will be loaded on to Council’s facebook page. The image with the most number of likes will win its owner a free chimney clean and woodburner check.
- The competition is open to residents and ratepayers of Nelson City area only. Nelson City Councillors and Council staff are not eligible to enter.
- The wood shed/ storage idea must be situated within the Nelson City Council boundaries, and must be the property of the person entering the competition.
- Judges will shortlist the finalists and may want to visit the shortlisted properties.
- Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Entries must include a minimum of one photograph.
- Entries close 25 February 2017
- Results will be announced in Our Nelson Issue 17, 14 March 2017
- For further information or inspiration refer to the Storing Firewood information sheet.