Draft Nelson-Tasman Joint Land Development Manual Feedback
Comments are due by Monday 22 August 2016.
This page outlines the project to create the draft Nelson-Tasman Land Development Manual.
Please note that the document is draft and technical drawings are not included.
- View documents
- Download: Draft Joint Land Development Manual Nelson-Tasman July 2016
- Download: Presentation to the Development Community - 6 July 2016
- Send your feedback via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the Nelson-Tasman Land Development Manual?
The Nelson–Tasman Land Development Manual (NTLDM) will replace previous engineering design standards of both the Nelson City Council (the Land Development Manual 2010) and the Tasman District Council (Engineering Standards 2013).
The NTLDM is designed to give effect to each Council’s Resource Management Plans by providing acceptable design solutions to Developers, Designers and Asset Managers.
This combined document covers both the Nelson and Tasman regions and is intended to provide consistent minimum standards and guidance for development across the region.
Where are we at?
Following the establishment of a joint Nelson City Council/Tasman District Council staff working group and a cross Council/Stakeholder Steering Group to produce a draft, both Councils would now like to invite stakeholders to provide comments on that draft.
Comments are due by Monday 22 August 2016. Send your feedback via email to email@example.com
Stakeholder Workshop - 6 July 2016
A workshop was held with the development community on 6 July 2016 to discuss significant changes in the standards and to provide an opportunity for feedback.
Public consultation on the draft
Following receipt of feedback, the draft will be further refined. Both Councils will then notify the draft under clause 35 of the first schedule to the RMA, seeking formal comments on the proposal to externally reference the NTLDM as part of both councils resource management plans.
Public notification of plan proposed change
Following consideration of comments as a result of consultation, both Councils will then seek to publicly notify the NTLDM as a plan change and for Nelson this will align with the Nelson Plan Review.
- 01-Introduction and General Provisions
- 02-Process and Information Requirements
- 03-Legal Responsibility Associated with Council Assets
- 08-Trenching and Reinstatement
- 09-Earthworks and Land Preparation
- 10-Electrical and Streetlighting
- 11-Telecommunications Utilities
- 12-Reserves and Landscaping
- Draft Joint Land Development Manual-Nelson-Tasman July 2016
- Presentation to Development Community 6 July 2016