Plan Change 26
Publicly notified 25 September 2010
OPerative 12 march 2012
At its meeting on 7 April 2011 Council resolved to engage an independent Commissioner to hear and make decisions on submissions on proposed Council Plan Change 26 to the NRMP. A hearing was held on 15 July 2011 and the Council publicly notified its decisions on Saturday 5 November 2011.
A copy of the Commissioner’s Report on Hearing and Decisions on Submissions along with the public notice of decisions is available for download under the ‘Original Documents’ section below.
Every submitter and further submitter was served with a copy of these decisions and under Cl.14 of the First Schedule of the RMA any submitter or further submitter was able appeal a provision or matter that was the subject of their submission to the Environment Court within 30 working days.
No appeals were lodged in relation to Plan Change 26 and, at its meeting on 23 February 2012, the Council resolved to approve the plan change and make it operative on 12 March 2012.
This change affects new rural buildings, requiring a total of 45,000 litres of water storage for use in fire fighting and for domestic water supply, or a home sprinkler system through the house. This change reflects the revised New Zealand Fire Service Firefighting Water Supplies Code of Practice (SNZ PAS 4509:2008).
Further submissions to Nelson Resource Management Plan Proposed Plan Changes are public information. Your further submission will be included in reports, which are available to the public and the media.
Documents and downloads
- Public notice of proposed plan change (29KB PDF)
- Proposed plan amendments - Plan Change 26 (92KB PDF)
- Section 32 Report - Plan Change 26 (88KB PDF)
- Public Notice inviting further submissions (25KB PDF)
- Summary of Decisions Requested (202KB PDF)
- Officer’s (s42A) Report (915KB PDF)
- Public notice on decision of plan changes (50KB PDF)
- Plan Change 26 Firefighting Provisions Report of Hearing and Decisions on Submissions (569KB PDF)
- Public notice of operative date (37KB PDF)
For more information contact the Planning Adviser +64 3 546 0261