Welcome to Summer Events in Nelson
Summer in Nelson and Tasman is a special time - our sparkling sea, blue skies, golden beaches and bustling towns and city mean the region is at its best for all to enjoy.
It's a big boast to say that Nelson and Tasman have it all, but this year we come close. Sports fans will appreciate the opportunity to watch two one-day international cricket matches at Saxton Oval. Culture lovers who are missing Nelson Opera in the Park will be able to indulge themselves at the Adam Chamber Music Festival, and anyone with a sense of humour will roll about laughing at the Nelson Buskers Festival.
Some other highlights are:
- Lantern Celebration – a magical evening of light and entertainment at the Centre of NZ.
- New Year's Eve Countdown – a party atmosphere and free music in Nelson City.
- Summer Movies Al Fresco – classic films on show in our beautiful parks and reserves.
- Tahuna Summer Sounds – talented local performers play at Tahunanui Beach
- Teddy Bears’ Picnics – popular family fun events in both Nelson and Tasman.
- Tata Titanic Cardboard Boat Race – an iconic Golden Bay event.
This year's Summer Events programme is full of fun and entertainment for all ages with something for both visitors and locals to relish. The printed booklet, produced by Nelson City Council and Tasman District Council, is available throughout the region. Keep an eye out for this very useful guide.
For a full line-up of Council and community events in the Nelson Tasman region, go to www.itson.co.nz.
We look forward to seeing you around the region this summer.
The Summer Events Team