Welcome to Summer Events in Nelson
Summer in Nelson and Tasman is a special time - with shimmering seas, blue skies, white-sand beaches, alpine vistas plus bustling towns and city mean there are few better places to be. Beyond the natural attractions, there are many other reasons to visit and enjoy our corner of the world.
This summer, Nelson and Tasman are playing host to a jewel-box of events that will give this holiday season extra sparkle. From sports and family-friendly outdoor events to world-class music, arts and entertainment, if you're in Nelson or Tasman this summer, there will be something you'll want to see.
A few highlights are:
- Lantern Celebration – a magical evening of light and entertainment at the Centre of NZ.
- New Year's Eve Countdown – a party atmosphere and free music in Nelson City.
- International Cricket - the BLACKCAPS take on the West Indies and Pakistan
- Summer Movies Al Fresco – classic films on show in our beautiful parks and reserves.
- Tahuna Summer Sounds – talented local performers play at Tahunanui Beach
- Teddy Bears’ Picnics – popular family fun events in both Nelson and Tasman.
- Tata Titanic Cardboard Boat Race – an iconic Golden Bay event.
- Nelson Buskers Festival
- Opera in the Park - returning to Saxton for a glorious evening of music.
This year's Summer Events programme is full of fun and entertainment for all ages with something for both visitors and locals to relish. The printed booklet, produced by Nelson City Council and Tasman District Council, is available throughout the region. Keep an eye out for this very useful guide.
For a full line-up of Council and community events in the Nelson Tasman region, go to www.itson.co.nz.
We look forward to seeing you around the region this summer.
The Summer Events Team