Publicly notified resource consents
- Nelson Regional Sewerage Business (RM165114 RM165115 RM165116)
- Nelson Water Supply Scheme on the Maitai River (165122, RM165192, RM165193)
|APPLICATION NUMBERS:||RM165114, RM165115, and RM165116|
|APPLICANT:||Nelson Regional Sewerage Business|
|LOCATION:||Coastal Pipeline Route and pump stations at Wakatu Industrial Estate, Saxton Street, Songer Street and Nelson Airport|
Resource consent is sought fordischarge permits to discharge to land, Coastal Marine Area (Waimea Estuary) and Air from accidental wastewater overflow from four pump stations located on the edge of Waimea Inlet, and from the pipework or pipeline fittings that make up the infrastructure of the Nelson Regional Sewerage Business Unit network. The discharges arise as a result of emergency overflows from the pump stations and/or accidental discharges from pipeline failures or leakage. More specifically, the applicant seeks consent for the following types of discharges:
- Overflow discharges which occur as a result of excess flow (for example due to a heavy rain event)
- Overflow discharges due to failure to pump (for example due to equipment failure)
- Accidental discharges, which occur principally due to the accidental rupturing or leakage from pipework or pipeline fittings
- Associated discharges of odour
The discharges are of largely untreated (screened) municipal sewage. Overflow discharges occur intermittently at the Nelson Airport, Saxton Street, Songer Street and Whakatu pump stations. Discharges occur either directly to the coastal marine area (Nelson Airport and Songer Street pump stations) or to land and then the coastal marine area (Whakatu and Saxton Street pump stations).
- 165114 Application (16MB PDF)
- Section 88 Rejection Letter of original application (708KB PDF)
- RM165114 Further Information Request (833KB PDF)
- RM165114 Additional Further Information Request Including Engineering Review (668KB PDF)
- 165114 Ecologist Memo Initial assessment Kate McArthur (299KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - NRSBU RFI response (716KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - K. Figures 5 and 6 (151KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - L. HPO 014 - Recreational Water Exceedances Sewage Spill Notifications (364KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - M. Microbiological Water Quality Guidelines for Marine and Freshwater 2003 (1.2MB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - N.1. Enterocci sampling results (257KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - N.2. Rainfall and Enterococci graphs (345KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - O. Proposed Sampling Locations (587KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - P Cawthron Letter (636KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - Q. NRSBU Report 346 Agreement for Disposal of Trade Waste 24jun2016 (366KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - R. NRSBU Business Plan 2015-16 (242KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - S. NRSBU Draft Business Plan 2016-17 (491KB PDF)
- 165114 Further Info recvd 26Aug16 - T. NRSBU Wastewater Asset Management Plan (3.6MB PDF)
Submissions have now closed.
|APPLICATION NUMBERS:||165122(Land Use), RM165192(Water Take) and RM165193(Discharge)|
|APPLICANT:||Nelson City Council|
|LOCATION:||Maitai Valley Road, Nelson|
|PROPOSAL:||Resource consent is sought to continue to operate the Nelson Water Supply Scheme on the Maitai River which requires a range of resource consents.|
- Application Final - Maitai Water Supply - lodged 17 June 2016 (2.9MB PDF)
- Appendix A - Context Maps (1.9MB PDF)
- Appendix B - Titles and Title Map (1.4MB PDF)
- Appendix C1 - Maitai Dam As-built (3.2MB PDF)
- Appendix C2 - Maitai South Branch Weir and Backfeed - As Built Drawings (1.4MB PDF)
- Appendix D - Maitai Pipeline Service Points (389KB PDF)
- Appendix E - 2014 Valuation of Major Assets - Opus (327KB PDF)
- Appendix F - Abstraction and Flow Charts (1MB PDF)
- Appendix G - Water Use and Loss Report - Cameron Gibson Wells (422KB PDF)
- Appendix H - Life Expectancy and Durability Assessment - Cameron Gibson Wells (1.7MB PDF)
- Appendix I - Maitai River Municipal Supply Aquatic Ecology - Summary - Updated Report - Cawthron 2810 (8.1MB PDF)
- Appendix J - Managing potential water temperature effects of discharges from the Maitai Reservoir - Cawthron 2732 (1.8MB PDF)
- Appendix K - Feasibility Assessment for Destratification Mixing and Hypolimnetic Aeration - Cawthron 2720 (1.3MB PDF)
- Appendix L - Maitai River fish passage assessment and recommendations - Cawthron 2601 (1.9MB PDF)
- Appendix M - Maitai South Branch Weir Fish Passage Remediation Efficacy Monitoring - Cawthron 2730 (937KB PDF)
- Appendix N - Influence of changes of Maitai Dam operations on water quality - Cawthron letter 1620 (579KB PDF)
- Appendix O - Cultural Impact Assessment - Chetham Consulting (5.3MB PDF)
- Appendix P Roding and Maitai Rivers user survey 3 June 2015 Rob Greenaway and Associates (2.2MB PDF)
- Appendix Q1 - Maitai Dam 2013 Comprehensive Safety Review - DamwatchEngineering (6.5MB PDF)
- Appendix Q2 - Maitai Dam IDSR Report - May 2015 - Tonkin and Taylor (2.2MB PDF)
- Appendix Q3 - Maitai Dam Engineering Inspection 2014 Tonkin Taylor A1263588 (13MB PDF)
- Appendix R - Current Consents & Conditions (4.1MB PDF)
Submissions have now closed.
Making a submission on a publicly notified resource consent
Submission forms and copies of the application material may be obtained at the Nelson City Council Customer Service Centre, Ground floor, Civic House, 110 Trafalgar Street.
Submissions can be made by any person, in writing, on form ‘SUB96’ or in a similar form and should be addressed to the Chief Executive, Nelson City Council, PO Box 645, Nelson, Attention Consents Administrator.
Who can make a submission?
Any person may make a submission to the Council on a resource consent application that has been publicly notified.
What's involved in making a submission?
Any submission shall:
- Be in writing.
- Be served on the Nelson City Council, PO Box 645, Nelson, no later than the closing date specified in the public notice (20 working days after the date of notification).
- Also be served on the applicant as soon as possible after serving the submission on the Council.
What should be included in a submission?
State the reasons for making the submission and the decision that the person wishes the Council to make (ie, grant or refuse consent) and the general nature of any conditions sought. Whether or not the person making the submission wishes to be heard in respect of the submission.
Speaking about your submission at the hearing
All persons lodging a written submission have the right to attend and speak at the hearing of the application. You may be represented by a chosen person (i.e. a lawyer or planner or friend), and/or make a joint submission with other persons. You are entitled to make your submission in the Maori language, however the Council needs early advice of this to allow time to organise an interpreter. If you feel you may be affected by a proposal, you should make a submission. If you do not, you will have no opportunity to do so at a later stage, and no right to appeal any decision.
Any persons making a submission and indicating a desire to be heard at a hearing will be notified of the hearing date and, at a later date, the decision. They will also receive a copy of the planning report prepared on behalf of the Council approximately one week before the hearing.
If you intend to be heard and wish to present additional information to support your submission, you should provide twelve (12) copies at the hearing.
Should you later decide to withdraw your submission for any reason, the Council would appreciate you advising the consents administrator in writing as soon as possible. Once you have withdrawn your submission, its contents cannot be considered at the hearing. If you decide, after withdrawing, that you still want a say, then you must make a new submission.