View the NAQP
The Nelson Air Quality Plan
Council resolved to make the Proposed Nelson Air Quality Plan operative at its meeting on 2 October 2008, and set the operative date at 3 November 2008.
The operative version of the Nelson Air Quality Plan is available for download below. It can also be viewed at the Nelson City Council’s Customer Service Centre, and all Nelson Public Libraries. A hard copy can be purchased ($50 incl GST) by contacting the Policy and Planning Administrator on +64 3 265 6930.
Nelson Air Quality Plan Downloads
The Plan has been broken up into sections as per the Table of Contents. Click on the links below to access and download a PDF of that section.
- Council’s operative seal (171KB PDF)
- Operative Plan Changes (196KB PDF)
- Proposed Changes to the Nelson Air Quality Plan (29KB PDF)
- Table of contents (49KB PDF)
- Chapter 1 About this document (810KB PDF)
- Chapter 2 Meaning of words (263KB PDF)
- Chapter 2 Meaning of words Figure 2 Urban Area Map (4.6MB PDF) *
- Nelson Airshed maps (Figures A2.A - A2.C) (1.9MB PDF) *
- Chapter 3 Administration (55KB PDF)
- Chapter 4 Air quality issues (82KB PDF)
- Chapter 5 Objectives and policies (96KB PDF)
- Chapter 6 Air quality rules (578KB PDF)
- Chapter 7 Applying for resource consent (58KB PDF)
- AQ1 Information to be provided with resource consent applications (77KB PDF)
- AQ2 Emission requirements: small-scale solid fuel burning appliances (39KB PDF)
- AQ2A Emission requirements: small-scale pellet burning appliances (62KB PDF)
- AQ3 Stack requirements: small-scale solid fuel burning appliances (51KB PDF)
- AQ4 Stack requirements: small-scale fuel burning appliances (gas oil and other liquid fuels) (20KB PDF)
- AQ5 Stack requirements: large-scale fuel burning appliances (32KB PDF)
- AQ6 Stack requirements: stationary internal combustion appliances (30KB PDF)
- AQ7 Discharge of agrichemicals to land, water, or air for permitted activities (56KB PDF)
- AQ8 Guide to outdoor burning (22KB PDF)
- AQ9 Criteria for assessing offensive or objectionable dispersal or deposition of smoke particles (42KB PDF)
- AQ10 Criteria for assessing offensive or objectionable odour (58KB PDF)
- AQ11 Criteria for assessing offensive or objectionable dust (38KB PDF)
- AQ12 Extent of the Urban Area at notification (841KB PDF)
* See also ePlan version of urban area and airshed maps.