Plan Change 19
Blackwood St Reserve (West) Rezoning
Publicly notified 25 September 2010
operative 12 march 2012
At its meeting on 24 February 2011 Council resolved to engage an independent Commissioner to hear and make decisions on submissions on proposed Council Plan Change 19 to the NRMP. A hearing was held on 14 July 2011 and the Council publicly notified its decisions on Saturday 5 November 2011.
A copy of the Commissioner’s Report on Hearing and Decisions on Submissions along with the public notice of decisions is available for download under the Original Documents section below.
Every submitter and further submitter was served with a copy of these decisions and under Cl.14 of the First Schedule of the RMA any submitter or further submitter was able appeal a provision or matter that was the subject of their submission to the Environment Court within 30 working days.
No appeals were lodged in relation to Plan Change 19 and, at its meeting on 23 February 2012, the Council resolved to approve the plan change and make it operative on 12 March 2012.
The Council owns land which is zoned as a neighbourhood reserve, but is not well used because it is isolated and it has poor visibility.
Council proposes to rezone the land as two industrial titles and one residential title, and to create an esplanade reserve adjacent to Jenkins Creek. This will make better use of this land, while still providing for recreation and access along Jenkins Creek.
Further submissions to Nelson Resource Management Plan Proposed Plan Changes are public information. Your further submission will be included in reports, which are available to the public and the media.
Documents and downloads
- Public notice of proposed plan change (29KB PDF)
- Proposed plan amendments - Plan Change 19 (1.6MB PDF)
- Section 32 Report - Plan Change 19 (87KB PDF)
- Public Notice inviting further submissions (25KB PDF)
- Summary of Decisions Requested (203KB PDF)
- Officer’s (s42A) Report (1.7MB PDF)
- Public notice on decision of plan changes (50KB PDF)
- Plan Change 19 Blackwood Street Reserve (West) Rezoning Report of Hearing and Decisions on Submissions (677KB PDF)
- Public notice of operative date (37KB PDF)
For more information contact the Planning Adviser +64 3 546 0261