You can pay your Council charges in several convenient ways. Follow the instructions and links for the method you prefer.
- Telephone and Internet banking
- Credit card online
- Direct debit
- By post
- In person by cash, EFTPOS or cheque
You can make any payment to Council using telephone or internet banking, as long as you reference what you are paying. Please enter the details of your internet banking payment as requested using the fields below:
Nelson City Council
Payee Account No
Details to appear on payee statement
The details you enter depend on what kind of payment you are making.
|Rates||Valuation Roll number||Name: surname then your initials|
|Water||Customer Billing number||Name: surname then your initials|
|Consents||Customer number such as RM123456 or BC123456||Name: surname then your initials|
|Library Fees and Charges||Library card barcode number||Name: surname then your initials|
|Debtors||Customer number||Name: surname then your initials|
|Parking ticket||Vehicle Registration Number||Name: surname then your initials||Infringement Number|
|LIM||Property Address||Name: surname then your initials|
By credit card online
You can pay many bills online via Westpac and a secure interface. There is a fee associated with this. Pay online now.
Easy Pay direct debit
Easy Pay is a direct debit system that allows you to pay bills automatically from your bank account. Payments can be made weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly or annually. It ensures your accounts are paid on time and for the correct amount. If the amount to be charged changes, Council will advise you of the new payment amount (this does not occur for those paying by direct credit). If the due date falls on a non-business day, the payment will be made on the evening of the next business day. Rates Easypay covers both Nelson City Council rates and water payments if requested.
How to join EasyPay
Complete a Rates EasyPay form:
Download the four-page EasyPay form (312KB PDF)
(includes full instructions and terms and conditions) OR
- Download the one-page EasyPay form (265KB PDF)(form only)
- Print form, fill out, sign and post it to us.
If you prefer not to download a form, send us an email at email@example.com and we will post out an Easypay form to you.
On payment days, the money you owe will be automatically paid out of your bank account. All transactions will show up on your regular bank account statement. The Council will amend the amounts debited from your account each year without further action on your part. You will be notified of all changes in advance.
To make changes to your direct debit
Once set up on direct debit this can be altered by contacting us. The most common reasons are:
- Change of bank account: When changing any bank account (even if just the suffix) details a new direct debit form needs to be completed, signed and sent to us for action.
- Cancel a direct debit: Contact us no later than 2 working days before the payment is due.
- Stop one direct debit and transfer to a new property (buying and selling a property): If the bank account details are the same as the existing direct debit we can transfer the direct debit to a new property.
- Add a new property to an existing direct debit: If the bank account details are the same as the existing direct debit we can add a new property this.
- Change direct debit payment frequency: Contact us and we can amend this for you.
More about paying your rates
By post or in person - Cash, EFT-POS or cheque payments (post only cheques, please)
Cash, EFT-POS or cheque payments can be made at any of Council's offices. Cheque payments sent by post should be addressed to:
Nelson City Council
PO Box 645